此课程是 100% 在线学习吗？是否需要现场参加课程？
There are 3 six week courses.
Students are expected to complete 2 hours of viewing online lectures and videos 2 hours of reading books and articles per week.
What background knowledge is necessary?
These courses are introductory and aimed at an educated public, ranging from those with college education to those without.
No prerequisite knowledge is needed - just an openness to learn about the complex development of the universe, Earth, and life. Within this epic story we will explore the role of humans given our present social and ecological challenges.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
It is strongly recommended that you take the two courses on Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life and Journey Conversations: Weaving Knowledge and Action followed by The Worldview of Thomas Berry: The Flourishing of the Earth Community.
No university credit is offered for completing this Specialization.
What will I be able to do upon completing the Specialization?
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Understand and demonstrate understanding of the unfolding of the universe, Earth, and humans by drawing upon both science and the humanities.
2. Be able to recall, and to critically assess, the history and development of cosmological thought both as it has unfolded over time and also as it spans multiple disciplines in the sciences and humanities.
3. Integrate the ideas found in the film, book, and Educational Series / Conversations with other areas of knowledge.
4. Apply the methodologies and concepts learned in this course to environmental and social problems in creative, pragmatic ways.
5. Engage critically with the concepts presented through this course in academic writing and research.