In Value, you will explore the most powerful generator of value in the world – ideas. Ideas are the engines of productivity, both in the private and public sectors. You will learn about the universal frameworks that determine how ideas and money interact, leading to the allocation of financial resources. We will identify components of cash flow for any project, business or venture as the most essential ingredients of value. We also assess the investment techniques used to give life to some ideas while killing others. This course will help you understand pricing, diversification, uncertainty and even behavioural approaches to dealing with risk. Using Nobel Prize-winning insights, you will learn how to measure the size of the risk premium and build valuation models. We’ll even connect evidence-based science with common-sense analysis to give you better tools for understanding why values are what they are, and for positioning yourself more effectively to participate in financial markets. You will be immersed in case based learning to integrate some of the powerful frameworks introduced in Value.
Founded in 1887, McMaster University is committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence by inspiring critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for learning. Ranked amongst the Top 100 universities in the world, McMaster pioneered a learner-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning that is now known worldwide as the “McMaster Model”.
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
來自FINANCE FOR EVERYONE: VALUE的熱門評論
I have learned more concept by attending this course, it was useful to improve my knowledge in finanace
It is very helpful and interesting course. But you need to understand math. ;)
Really a good course, everyone have to acquire knowledge in this field
An important crash course on business idea valuation.
關於 Finance for Everyone 專項課程
Access to lectures and assignments depends on your type of enrollment. If you take a course in audit mode, you will be able to see most course materials for free. To access graded assignments and to earn a Certificate, you will need to purchase the Certificate experience, during or after your audit. If you don't see the audit option:
- The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
- The course may offer 'Full Course, No Certificate' instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. This also means that you will not be able to purchase a Certificate experience.
What will I be able to do upon completing this course?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Familiarize yourself with valuation techniques.
2. Describe the importance of cash flows, assumptions and components.
3. Develop your understanding of market perfection, correction, and ways to prepare yourself against financial turbulence.
4. Perform financial calculations with accuracy.
5. Build confidence in your ability to assess value.
6. Relate important financial concepts and issues to experiences in your daily life and the real world.
7. Engage with news that matters to you by linking it to value creation or destruction.
8. Apply basic financial concepts to problem-solve individually and collaboratively.
How long does it take to complete this course?
The course is structured to be 4 weeks in length.
How often is this course offered?
This course will be offered every month.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No previous knowledge is required. It is recommended that learners have basic mathematics knowledge.