A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.
Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.
創建者 Amanda F•
A little outdated but still worth it.
創建者 Arthur S F•
Could be more actual!
創建者 Nasr A N M•
Need more details!
創建者 Arunima T•
創建者 Eva B B•
The course was a little helpful, I think some of the suggestions and methods are outdated and the course needs to be reviewed. Still some helpful points, hope rest of the specialization will be better. Previously I had taken the Digital Media Specialization from University of Illinois, that one had much more content and new things to learn than this one.
創建者 Alin C F•
Not recommended for medium or advanced users. As the name says this is just an introduction in Social Media, so if you are already using it you don't have much to learn from this one. I look forward to the other courses from this Specialisation for more in depth content.
創建者 Madhurima K•
peer graded method doesn't work properly, People who are reviewing doesn't always have the same insight. personally it is not a effective way to be graded.
創建者 Mari G•
Instructor was good. Content of whole program was focused on analytics. Perhaps a better title for this course is Social Media Analytics.
創建者 Ancuta B•
I wished it to be more hands on, more practical but unfortunately is like reading a book about social marketing. I am disappointed...
創建者 Mike R•
Extremely superficial. The total content in this course would make a nice introduction segment to a full course.
創建者 Yangfan W•
I think the content itself is somewhat too theoretical, it does not usually apply to the reality
創建者 Seraj A•
The content was very shallow. Not lot of hands on
創建者 Christine a•
I still don't have a grade and need help!!
創建者 Shari W•
not applicable nowadays. quite outdated
創建者 Shiraz J•
Felt somewhat light on substance.
創建者 Kenneth H•
some data outdated.
too much blah blah
創建者 Peter C•
1. Asking people to tweet what are basically endorsements of the course and its creators may do wonders for Randy et al.'s social capital, but it does nothing for the students unless they are their first tweets in life.
2. Slides with spelling and grammar errors should be unacceptable in an academic setting. They are, at least to me, but apparently not to Northwestern and its Ph.D. instructors.
3. I have submitted 3 peer reviews and was given electronic feedback that they were accepted. However, the website keeps insisting I have submitted none. Two attempts to resolve this question has resulted in crickets as a response. I have paid for this Coursera course, and I am now resenting having made this a paid course.
4. There is some mildly interesting content. Still, it is delivered with no passion in a way that breaks a ton of rules about communicating virtually - which is strange considering the topic.
5, I was delighted to be turned on by Randy to ClueTrain, but I think that Randy would do well to take a few of its lessons about the need for the authenticity of communication to heart.
6. You have students in discussion boards begging for peer feedback and getting none, and you have other students bargaining, "I will give you full grades if you give full marks back to me". I see no evidence that this is remotely problematic to the university's standards, as long as people declare they are doing their own work.
6. Randy is asking students to identify where the obsolete material that they have discovered is listed. I would have thought, Randy, that doing the work of knowing what you have said, where you have said it, and why would be your responsibility to track down and renovate rather than crowdsourcing that responsibility to your beginner level students. Hey, maybe that's just me,
7. Sorry to be so critical here. This is a course that is in serious need of refreshing, and if I were the academic authority of Northwestern, I would require a sea change of practice, content, and standards. Northwestern has a stellar reputation as a communications powerhouse. This course, in no way, reflects that reputation.
8. Having said that this reflects poorly on Northwestern leaves unsaid the other obvious part, this also reflects poorly on the reputation of Coursera for reviewing, assessing, and eventually deploying only exceptionally high-quality educational experiences. I realize MOOCs are an evolving medium, but we know enough to know that what would be bad practice in an in-class environment is likely to continue to be a bad practice in a virtual environment.
創建者 clara c•
En primer lugar, decir que Audité el curso, no lo compré. Me pareció un curso introductorio a los otros de la especialización. A parte de la última semana, que empieza a explicar un poco cosas interesantes, el resto solo explica de que tratan los siguientes cursos. Seguro que son interesantes y tengo la intensión de auditarlos también pero este en concreto, me pareció bastante pérdida de tiempo, sobretodo si sabes qué son las redes sociales (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs..).
創建者 Priti V•
The course was good for introduction to Social Media.
However, the tools and examples used are dated, since 2016-17, so much has changed on social platform. The relevant examples could have been inserted as capsules. It should have been updated for 2019-20.
After paying for the program came to know the program was curated 3-4 years back.
Case examples could have been used in the course
創建者 UFITINEMA R M•
The course was very helpful. It provided with a huge amount of skills that I will use while working on marketing. I learnt how you can define your market, how you can engage it with the right tools and channels. I also learnt about how I can get their feedback or how I know what they are talking about my business.
創建者 JRN C•
I have not been refunded my money in the 7 day trial.
I did not like it, give me back the money or I will do a great promotion of your courses on the social networks in which I am an expert, and I mean YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, I will not rest until they return the 41 euros!
創建者 Veronica A V•
Very basic for the cost it represents, it doesn't really provide information beyond what one could find on a simple review on the first page of Google.
創建者 mohamed s•
Not that much techniques to learn just general course about social media,So it's not cost effective !
創建者 Abhishek G•
Bad one. Most of the time he was only giving what is their in the course Mooc 1 2 3etc etc. Irritated