Jul 19, 2018
I thought this course introduced the topic of data science very well. I think I have a much better idea how to describe data science and common terms associated with the field (like machine learning).
Feb 22, 2019
Excellent quality content! It's a great introductory course that really gets you interested in Data Science. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious in learning about what Data Science is about.
創建者 Joseph R M C•
Mar 04, 2019
It is just a theoric course and I think y would have been lost if I had not taken another course that explained everything covered in detail and with excersices. One advantage of this course is that it can be completed even in one day. Also, I think, IBM gives this course for free in its page, Big Data University.
創建者 Rahul S•
Mar 05, 2019
too much theortical information, can be summarised in short as i found repeation of same thing again and again. this course can be of max 2 weeks
創建者 Kris O•
Mar 07, 2019
Very Basic but Decent intro if you have zero idea about the topic
創建者 Bartosz B•
Mar 12, 2019
Very basic, maybe too easy.
創建者 Aykut Ö•
Mar 02, 2019
What did I like about the course?
* The contents discribed in the videos were very interesting.
* The rating system is great because you also have to rate other people yourself. With this system you get to know the motiviation and background of other attendees.
* Also, setting a due date is a good decision, as this motivates one to get through the course.
What was not so good?
* Some of the questions were way to easy. Due to the fact that you will be certified at the end, I would like to compare the degree of difficulty with that of a university/collage. After all, we want to be reasonably prepared for the job market after this course. Some questions were even superfluous. In the video the speaker says something like "With Zepplin Notebooks you can run code in different languages". Immediately afterwards the video is paused and the question is "True or false? With Zepplin Notebooks you can run code in different languages"... I hope, since it is the first course, the difficulty will increase through out the course and we can get our hands dirty.
* I don't know if this is a bad point but three weeks for this amount of content is way to long. I think it depends on the attendee but you can finish this course easily in one day.
What else could be improved?
* In some situations, I wish the video player was a bit larger, because you'd like to read along with the script but still want to see everything and with such a small player, it's not possible.
* If you're working on a laptop and have 2 browser windows open side by side, the page is not responsive enough and the player will appear cut off. So therefore it is hart to watch the video in one window and directly try out the stuff in the other one.
創建者 Birgit K•
Mar 15, 2019
Nice intro, but sometimes a bit too low in competence level with quite some repetitions
創建者 Bernhard M•
Mar 19, 2019
創建者 Annemarth B•
Mar 19, 2019
bit too low level
創建者 Sathya N R•
Mar 23, 2019
Very Basics of Data Science. Should have Included more Content
創建者 Ziqing W•
Mar 23, 2019
Informative course to get started in data science.
創建者 alan f•
Mar 25, 2019
it's ok. Hopefully it will be more in depth later on.
創建者 Yadder A G•
Dec 26, 2018
It needs more practical excercises.
創建者 Kris K•
Dec 13, 2018
Several English and grammatical problems in the questions and quizzes. This made it confusing at times. Also, some of the questions to the videos need to be reviewed for errors.
創建者 Phenilkumar B•
Mar 31, 2019
The course is too basic. And it has a lot of opinions from a lot of people about Data Science.
創建者 ISIDORO C•
Apr 03, 2019
muy introductorio para mi gusto. le faltó algo mas de inmersión en el tema.
創建者 Justin K•
Apr 06, 2019
More entry level than I expected.
創建者 Lee H•
Apr 06, 2019
The end assignment is a bit weird. The definition of data science is using story telling? Surely that comes under communication, however, the rubric specifically states that we need to state story telling. I felt this module was more to introduce how to use Coursea than much else. I did really enjoy the fun Watson example.
創建者 sairam p•
Apr 08, 2019
This course is too basic.
創建者 Danish R•
Feb 19, 2019
Should include more about data science methodology
創建者 ATIK M•
Apr 12, 2019
Should add Programming Assignments
創建者 Sadiq A•
Jul 16, 2018
I recognize the course is introductory but even so it's very easy to pass (why bother to give assessments and grade if the bar is not set at a challenging level), the course material could simply be expected reading for a more advanced course.
May 24, 2018
It's too simple. It's a interview about data science.
創建者 Gariyasi G•
Jun 21, 2018
Good...but very basic and subjective for a MOOC. Nevertheless, a good way to introduce someone to data science - especially, for total beginners.
創建者 Merc T•
Sep 11, 2018
Not to challenging , but good as an overview
創建者 Guillermo S E•
Sep 10, 2018
Very basic course. Almost high-school level.